PARENT RESOURCES FOR CHILDREN'S MINISTRY
When it comes to choosing a Bible for your child, pick one that is easy to read (a friendly translation) and attractive to your child.
- The Adventure Bible (NIV is great!)
- Hands on Bible
- The Action Bible (great for comic book loving kids)
While every child should have their own Bible, there are some extraordinary story book Bibles to choose from. Our two favorite are:
- The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally-Lloyd Jones -Each true Bible story points to Jesus in this lovely book.
- Friends with God Story Bible – True stories from the Bible told in the first person with a letter from each writer.
We encourage your family to read a devotional together every day. There are so many wonderful options to choose from that will work for your family. Two great options are:
- Jesus Calling 365 Devotions for Kids by Sarah Young (daily devotional)
- Friends with God Devotions for Kids (weekly devotional)
The original definition of catechism is “a summary of the principles of Christian religion in the form of questions and answers, used for the instruction of Christians.” It is never too early to begin memorizing the core tenets of our Christian belief. This is a wonderful addition to family devotionals. The follow Catechism is designed to be done once per week and repeated and memorized during the week. It is available in FREE APP or a book copy. Each question has accompanying scripture and more in depth information if wanted.
- New City Catechism: 52 questions and answers for out hearts and minds (The Gospel Coalition)
Help keep your children focused on Biblical principles in this crazy world.
- Focus on the Family Clubhouse Jr. (Ages 3-7)
- Focus on the Family Clubhouse (Ages 8-12)